zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to The Profit. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Court Records, A polite request
XENU TV
Posted: Mar 11 2007, 10:01 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 14

Shirley Wilson has invited me to come here to ask questions. I think it would be very helpful in understanding the troubles the film is having in the court system to have all the court transcripts posted on the website. Could you please do this?

Thank you for your consideration.

Best wishes,

Mark Bunker
www.xenutv.com
The Profit
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 09:22 AM

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Well, Mr. Bunker, we sure have heard about you around here. Of late we've heard about your request for court documents.

As we have informed the few people who have called here asking "about those transcripts that Bunker is talking about": there are no transcripts.

For there to be transcripts there would have been a hearing. There has been no hearing. Since the time of the injunction, our lawyer has been making efforts to get the injunction lifted only to be told that the Lisa case was not over and that the injunction still holds. When the announcement of a settlement came out Mr. Lirot was again asking for a hearing. He was reminded that nothing would be heard until the Counter Claim against Minton was heard. But that case sat idle for all these years and Mr. Lirot felt he could get a hearing to dispute the fact that the film was being held up by a case that wasn't being heard. He was thwarted by both the Judge and the cult's lawyers (both claimed they were unavailable). Finally in November of last year he got word that the cult would consider lifting the injunction (as if THEY were the court) if Mr. Alexander would cut Ken Dandar's cameo out of the film. Mr. Alexander refused and we got a court date of March 5 of this year. Then, as has been done all along, the Judge sent a notice that he couldn't appear until March 28, then a note from the cult attorneys saying that they couldn't appear until mid April.

In other words, the pattern continued.

Within days of that notice we got word that the Counterclaim against Minton had been withdrawn and Mr. Lirot is now notifying the court that based on that fact, we should be allowed to proceed.

So there are no transcripts. There were no hearings.

Perhaps now you can go back to trashing the film that we all worked so hard on. None of us have forgotten your mean-spirited campaign to discredit and demean Mr. Alexander and the film he worked so hard on. Mr. Alexander believes in this film. He invested quite a bit of his own money in the film---something you always fail to mention in your attacks. And, unlike your good friend and former boss, Bob Minton, Mr. Alexander has stood his ground and perservered against the cult's attacks all these many years. Your pal, Minton, folded under the pressure and now has taken up the court's efforts to stop the film.

Don't you think you should take your questions to Mr. Minton? Instead of asking Courage Productions to provide non-existent transcripts, you should be asking why Mr. Minton couldn't stand up and fight?

All of us here want to see the film come out. You, on the other hand, have sought to trash it and cause problems. Until the cult managed to extort Mr. Minton, he loved our film. He read the script and loved it. He visited the set often and raved about what we were doing. He was a big supporter and unlike your other pals that lie about the cast and crew not getting paid, or that monies were not accounted for, Mr. Minton got weekly updates and knew every detail of what was going on. When he got extorted by the cult, he turned against everything he had been fighting for. But worse yet, he turned against his friends and against the movie he loved being a part of. Why haven't you taken your questions to Mr. Minton? You could ask him what is it exactly that would make someone not only walk away, but to aggressively do the cult's bidding.

Yes, Mr. Bunker---take your questions to your pal Mr. Minton and ask him why he is working with the cult to stop the film. Why don't you ask him for copies of correspondence between him and the cult? We would love to see what else he has promised to do in order to satisfy his end of the bargain.

You can trash the film and Mr. Alexander all you want, but at least HE had the Courage to perservere regardless of what the cult threw at him. You can't say the same for Mr. Minton, can you?
XENU TV
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 01:59 PM

You've heard about me? You know me.

I don't think you're telling the truth. There were hearings involving the film. It would be instructive to have those open to the public.

As for trashing the film, I have been honest in my opinion of the movie. I would like the movie to be re-released and seen by people. Hundreds and thousands of people have seen the first movie about Scientology, "The Bridge," and it has been very important to have that film out there.
The Bridge

"The Bridge" was shot in five days for $600 and is quite effective at explaining how Scientology operates and what life is like for those in the Sea Org. I support all these ventures and hope "The Profit" gets seen again as well.

I don't believe it's mean spirited to say the film is not good. I didn't care for "300" and yet it is a hit. It's an opinion. People can agree or disagree with opinions.

I've never said anything about cast and crew not getting paid and have no friends who have suggested that either. I've never even heard that.

Jerald
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 05:36 PM

Member No.: 16

You tell Mark to ask his pal Minton. There was a time when Minton was everyone's pal. They got to him and found the one thing that caused him to do as he has these past years. That's Minton's bad not Marks.
Mark came to this board because he was told this is where he can find the answer to the question he asked. It's also why I am here now.

Shirley has used what she feels is her connection's to this board and its members time and time again on ARS. She is the one who in many post's have told us all the answers are here.

I don't know what impact this moive can have after this much time has passed, but I would be the first in line to by a ticket or the DVD because at the least its a part of history. I have not seen Mark trash this movie or the people behind it.

I know you have all been fighting to get this movie out. And I know it has to have come with a cost in terms of money and harasement most the rest of us can't begin to understand. But let's remember Mark has been here for the long run also. He has and is still paying the same cost in this fight you are.

I respect you for what you have done in the past and are trying to do now. I also respect Mark for the very same reasons. Funny how this was all started by someone who is not really connected to either.
Jerald
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 06:24 PM

I'm sorry everyone, instead of BeckyBoo I should have said Tigger. But my point remains the same.

The Profit
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 06:58 PM

Dear Mr. Bunker,
Of course we've heard of you. We all remember well how you illegally webbed snippets of the film. The snippets were not yours to have or to web. We also have copies of some of the creepy posts you've made about the movie and Mr. Alexander. You have the right to critique the film, but you've gone way above and beyond (or is that below?) over six or more years trumpeting your views. A little excessive, wouldn't you say? Do you rag on all movies you dislike for years at a time?

Ok so what is it do you think we're not being truthful about? The film was enjoined due to the Lisa Mcpherson case. And, whereas the film was discussed during the Dandar Disqualification hearings, there were no other hearings regarding that injunction. The transcripts regarding discussion of THE PROFIT during that hearing are on the internet, but you already know that don't you.

Now, if you're referring to hearings connected to your former boss Mr. Minton, we have no transcripts for those. According to Mr. Lirot, they were quite short. Minton demanded the books, Mr. Lirot provided them to the court. The judge allowed the redaction of the names of cast and crew, but that wasn't good enough for your Mr. Minton. He wanted the names. Highly suspicious activity for someone who had just aligned himself with the cult to go after Ken Dandar, Lisa McPherson's aunt in Probate Court and who went after the recently deceased Dan Leipold. The Appeals court found it suspicious as well and tossed out that stupidity.

The ruling from the Appeals court is on the internet. If your former boss Mr. Minton got transcripts, please ask him to provide us with a copy. We never saw any transcripts and Mr. Lirot doesn't recall seeing any either. But please, by all means, since you're still in touch with Mr. Minton, be sure to ask him to provide them if they exist because we could certainly make good use of them as we enter into a courtroom to stop him from blocking our film.

But what's your point of asking us for those transcripts if they exist? You can just pick up the phone and call Mr. Minton and ask him to provide them to you. Perhaps you're being a wee bit coy in your request? Again, please, do us all a favor and get them from him. Oh, and please post them--we'd love to see them! biggrin.gif

And before you sling around allegations about who's being truthful or not, do a google groups search of your hundreds of posts regarding the film. You've alleged some pretty wild shit there, buddy boy. Perhaps you've had the time and maturity to clear up some of that bogus info. We will not be pointing to any of your tripe from over the years because we don't want to do anything that will activate your incessant stalking of any post that mentions the film. What's it been by now? Hundreds of posts trashing the film? We've lost count, to be honest. Hopefully you will get the info that you seek from Mr. Minton and stop trashing the film and the people connected to it.
XENU TV
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 09:08 PM

I think you're being a bit harsh but I can understand you are upset that I don't like the film.

Feel free to point to any post you find "creepy." Those I don't recall. Nor any with "some pretty wild shit."

I have discussed "The Profit" more than "Superman Returns" because I have a website dedicated to exposing the fraud and abuse of Scientology and I have read two drafts of the movie script, visited your home to watch various rough cuts and seen the released version of the film a few times.

People have been interested in news of the film and I have provided my view. Nothing nefarious there. Others can agree or disagree with my view and I have not come here to force my viewpoint on nayone.

I don't want to bother Bob about the transcripts because he is sick of alll of this. If he had a website, I would ask him to web the transcripts. Since he doesn't, I asked you. I don't think it's out of line to do so.

I find it hard to believe that you are aware that there are transcripts dealing with the books of the film but you are not going to review them before going back into court.

But since they exist, are brief and paint Bob in a bad light, it would be good to post them on the website.
GriporGaff
Posted: Mar 13 2007, 08:28 PM

Member No.: 13

Ive seen your posts about the movie

they suck

and i don't care if you dont like the movie. Nobody cares.

you need to go back to whining all over the internet, buddy

your just here to cause problems
Jerald
Posted: Mar 13 2007, 09:00 PM

Ok, I'm lost here guys. Why all the attacking anyone from ARS who comes here to post? I know you feel this movie is very importent but that doesn't explain why Mark and another is being treated like this.

So you don't like the guy. I can live with that. But his posts have been very respectfull. Yours should be also. You seem to be so wrapped up in this that you have lost site of the big picture.

So what if Mark doesn't like the moive. I would be willing to bet that when or if it comes out he will promote it on his site. Even if you don't care to admit it his stie has done great good in fighting scientology.

He came here for the same reason I did. We were told repeatedly to come and get the facts. I'm staying because no matter what impact I think this movie will have it still deserves the chance to be seen.

Maybe you are jumpping on the wrong people here. And remember, when we fight each other it leaves scientology an opening to just make it worse and use it against us.

There has to be a middle ground here.
denise1210
Posted: Mar 13 2007, 10:58 PM

Member No.: 17

unsure.gif blink.gif sad.gif dry.gif sad.gif

So I come here, expecting to find a legitmate discussion about the movie "The Profit." Instead, I find a message board filled with hate, accusations, and just plain negativity.

So as quickly as I came, I shall go...

Why was this discussion board started? To hate on people, or to geniuinely engage in an exchange of information??

I wish everyone the best! Especially those who need a hug....

**denise 1210 gives the angry people a hug.** smile.gif

peace!
The Profit
Posted: Mar 14 2007, 07:18 AM

Dear Denise1210,
Thank you for your post and welcome to THE PROFIT message board.

We'd like to apologize if you feel there's a negative feeling being represented on this board, that was not our intention.

A few of us here have had to go through all the harassment from the cult, but surprisingly, we've had to deal with a small handful of internet posters who have spent years bashing the film, the film makers and the cast.

A couple months ago when we finally saw light at the end of the tunnel that indicated we might, after six long years, get our film released we put up this message board. We've had so many encouraging emails to our website, calls to our office, etc. from genuinely interested people asking about the latest news on the film that we thought if we put up a message board they could ask their questions here.

Unfortunately, some people, with an agenda to trash the film or make the people involved with it look bad, found the message board and came here to throw around snide remarks and odd demands.

We're familiar with this same handful of people---we get google alerts when people post about the movie. When we saw them come here to cause trouble we answered any legitimate questions and let them know that we were fully aware of their agenda. Sorry if that came across as rude, but perhaps we should have just ignored them since we were familiar with their posting habits.

We're happy to welcome all visitors to this message board and we're looking forward to hearing from all the people who've expressed their support throughout all the years that the film was under a court-ordered injunction. We especially appreciate that support while we go through what we hope to be the last phase of our efforts to get the film out.

The board was never set up with the intention to engage in negative or rude debates. We'll make genuine efforts to ignore the creepier posts in the future.

Again, thank you for your interest in THE PROFIT.
Tjt1012
Posted: Feb 4 2008, 03:22 AM

Member No.: 43

yah dude, wtf? I came in here and it looks like HALF the posts in this entire board are you guys trashing Bunker and Minton..... maybe I am missing something........ but I don't seem to understand why they are being attacked. All I see are a couple movie creators who are all butt hurt because Mr. Bunker doesn't like your movie.
jennam
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 03:06 AM

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (Tjt1012 @ Feb 4 2008, 03:22 AM)
yah dude, wtf? I came in here and it looks like HALF the posts in this entire board are you guys trashing Bunker and Minton..... maybe I am missing something........ but I don't seem to understand why they are being attacked. All I see are a couple movie creators who are all butt hurt because Mr. Bunker doesn't like your movie.

Unfortunately you don't know the full story - I strongly recommend you follow it up. There is a LOT more to it than someone not liking the movie.......
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3034 seconds · Archive