The Library of Moria Forum

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Library of Moria Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Welcome to the Library of Moria Forums! If this is your first visit here, or you're having trouble seeing the entire board, please refer to this thread.

'The interspecies challenge'

Television Programmes
Tirananniell
Posted: Nov 16 2006, 10:42 PM

Bonjour
Group Icon

Group: Fanslashtic
Member No.: 508

Just, to talk about, our favourite TV programmes, and our favourite celebrity appearences on our favourite TV programmes lol

Just made it because Im watching Elijah Wood get punk'd right this minute. Bless him, he thinks he has caused a fire.

I watched a whole programme about Johnny Depp that was amazing!!

And oes Elijah smoke??? how disappointing. I hate that, you realllly like a celeb and then you find out they smoke or something an that kinda puts a damper on stuff, Not for all celebs, like johnny depp i really just dont care! o its okay he doesnt, his friend does. And He looks sooo yummy in it. so cute, an normal, and scared. o.o

OMG he looks so scared, like hes going to cry, im going to cry, its soo cute!! and nice boxers showing..
Im sorta rambling here. sorry guys smile.gif
haha, the police went to him, i need to call your parents how old are you? haha. aww.

Glomp_emoticon.gif i want to huggle him. biggrinlove.gif awww, i luffles him!

'During shooting the faculty Elijah picked up his smoking habit from fellow star, Josh Hartnett.' - =o he does!

Ima gonna stop rambling now. Please comment in this thread, even if it is to tell me to shut up biggrin.gif

--------------------
Merry/Pippin...the ultimate love story.
Merevindur
Posted: Nov 18 2006, 02:16 PM

Vampmax's Girl!
Group Icon

Member No.: 272

Well, T one of mine at the moment is Torchwood, a spin off from the Doctor Who series on uk tv. It stars John Barrowman as the dashing Captain Jack Harkness as the leader of an underground organisation that protects humans from alien interferance, though there is a lot more to it than that as i've seen while watching it.

I would advise anyone to view this series as it is different to the ones you normally see. wine.gif Glomp_emoticon.gif fluffle.gif kiss.gif

--------------------
http://www.paintbox.hitart.com
"Dwarves may not be typically attractive but Gimli has a wonderful soul. If it wasnt for him my favorite character would be a pancake." - Opal, LMFAO! I love that sentence. biggrin.gif
Member of Glorfindel/Erestor, Elf, Actors, Legolas leggings, Legolas/ Gimli, Men and Hobbit too!
Claimed - Morgoth and Celebrimbor. Lover of Tirananniell,
Married to Elfgirl, lover of Queenie, Silimarie, mother of, Aylith, Manveruwen and MysticLady. smile.gif
Currently being wooed by Vampmax!
sheep.gif Wearing my Hobbit mascot with pride.
Tirananniell
Posted: Nov 18 2006, 06:26 PM

Bonjour
Group Icon

QUOTE (Merevindur @ Nov 18 2006, 08:16 AM)
Well, T one of mine at the moment is Torchwood, a spin off from the Doctor Who series on uk tv. It stars John Barrowman as the dashing Captain Jack Harkness as the leader of an underground organisation that protects humans from alien interferance, though there is a lot more to it than that as i've seen while watching it.

I would advise anyone to view this series as it is different to the ones you normally see. wine.gif Glomp_emoticon.gif fluffle.gif kiss.gif

psh! you dont need to explain torchwood to me!!
Im an avid watcher!!
It is the best thing on TV at the moment.
I think its better than Doctor Who which is saying something coming from me lol!

I just love it!

I mean who couldnt with Jack Harkness in it!

--------------------
Denise
Posted: Nov 18 2006, 06:53 PM

Sam's Second Breakfast
Group Icon

Member No.: 141

QUOTE (Tirananniell @ Nov 17 2006, 12:42 AM)
And oes Elijah smoke??? how disappointing. I hate that, you realllly like a celeb and then you find out they smoke or something an that kinda puts a damper on stuff, Not for all celebs, like johnny depp i really just dont care! o its okay he doesnt, his friend does. And He looks sooo yummy in it. so cute, an normal, and scared. o.o

I know, the arse. I'll kill him if we loose him because of cancer or whatever.. wall.gif Don't want our baby to die too soon cry.gif *drama-queen*

--------------------
Family:
Married to the sweet Aylith!
Daughter of Tigerlily_Grubb and K+E! Sister of Hampster and Mystic.
Mum of Kilts+Eyeliner (?), and Cheetah!
Mistress to Indy_Baggins, Manveruwen, Tira and Greeny.

Pervy Member of the: Hobbit, Ladies, Actors and Istar Fanclub.
FotM: Hobbit Lasses
Claimed: Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee
KHPA FOR DINEN!!!
Iorhael/Perhael
Sam is (t)rimming Frodo's (gr)ass laugh.gif
sheep.gif Pervy Sheep (and hobbit) Fancier
Tirananniell
Posted: Nov 18 2006, 07:07 PM

Bonjour
Group Icon

QUOTE (Denise @ Nov 18 2006, 12:53 PM)

I know, the arse. I'll kill him if we loose him because of cancer or whatever.. wall.gif Don't want our baby to die too soon cry.gif *drama-queen*

I know!
I find it most disappointing when they smoke a film, because it means they smoke in real life.
Don't they realise that, like, its gonna kill 'em??
No offence to any smokers out there 0.o

Haha, I saw a clip of a comedy programme (the two guys that always say suits you sir) with Johnny Depp in it. That was the funniest.
And was Orli in Midsommer Murders like years ago? I find that hilarious! Really funny, not entirely sure why though.

--------------------
Denise
Posted: Nov 18 2006, 07:13 PM

Sam's Second Breakfast
Group Icon

Member No.: 141

QUOTE (Tirananniell @ Nov 18 2006, 09:07 PM)
QUOTE (Denise @ Nov 18 2006, 12:53 PM)

I know!
I find it most disappointing when they smoke a film, because it means they smoke in real life.
Don't they realise that, like, its gonna kill 'em??
No offence to any smokers out there 0.o

I think it's a bad example to young viewers...

But anyway, there are loads of television programmes I love, lfor example the auditions have begun for the Dutch X-factor, which is so funny to watch laugh.gif

--------------------
Family:
Married to the sweet Aylith!
Daughter of Tigerlily_Grubb and K+E! Sister of Hampster and Mystic.
Mum of Kilts+Eyeliner (?), and Cheetah!
Mistress to Indy_Baggins, Manveruwen, Tira and Greeny.

Pervy Member of the: Hobbit, Ladies, Actors and Istar Fanclub.
FotM: Hobbit Lasses
Claimed: Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee
KHPA FOR DINEN!!!
Iorhael/Perhael
Sam is (t)rimming Frodo's (gr)ass laugh.gif
sheep.gif Pervy Sheep (and hobbit) Fancier
Cesare
Posted: Dec 29 2006, 08:53 PM

Eomerís Saddle
Group Icon

Member No.: 537

I am a great fan of TV show called Lexx. It is a sick and deliberately silly, over-the-top SF series, where true and touching drama and tragedy are mixed with malicious sardonical satire on all possible things, from Star trek to the catholic church... Not for everybody, it's a bit of an extreme... But I love it SO much. Plus - there is a horny talking robot head, sexy undead warrior, cluster lizard love slave and a selfish cowardly ex-security guard in charge of a spaceship that can destroy a planet in an instant.
That would be my absolute fave... Though there are others - like other SF and F shows, britcoms, Monty Python...;-)

As for smoking on the screen...
I feel ambiguous about that. I am a smoker myself, but I know it can be a bad example for young viewers... But it's still a part of reality and of everyday life... And any censorship, no matter if there are good intentions behind it, makes me cringe...
*cough*
;-)

--------------------
Claimed: Maedhros and Caranthir.

"...Let the winged Fancy roam, pleasure never is at home..."
(John Keats)
Starr_Dust
Posted: Dec 30 2006, 02:39 AM

Mpreg Lover
Group Icon

Member No.: 285

On the subject of Johnny smoking, he has stated that he wants to cut back (I think it was just cut back and not quit) smoking because of his kids.

I also agree with Cesare that censorship of smoking is cringe worthy, but as long as it's not in cartoons and children's program it doesn't bother me. I mean, we've all been exposed to people smoking on TV and in movies and I've never felt the urge to start just because some cool character does it.

--------------------
You left out one of the chief characters, Samwise the Brave. I want to hear more about Sam. Frodo wouldn't have got very far without Sam.
- Frodo Baggins (The Two Towers)
Azzy
Posted: Dec 30 2006, 10:56 AM

Embrace the suck ladies
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 13

well i smoke as well, but it has nothing to do with my policy about it in tv. i agree that it shouldent be in cartoons for little kids, and not in commercials, if people wanna smoke they will do it regardless really. and with cartoons i mean i think its super lame that they took lucky lukes cigarette, he always had that man, some things should be left alone.

but to have a heavy morale, like in Constantine, that is just -yea cringeworthy. i mean what the hell? hat could have been such a great movie, but noooooooooo it was all one long fucking morale lesson.. that is way over the top if you ask me.

about Johnny, im sure he can learn to smoke outside when there are kids, just like the rest of us.

oh crap, i forgot my point -haha ok im not really awake yet here. it was that SOME characters smoke, and they just function that way,

--------------------
// My homepage //
Claimed; Elladan & Elrohir.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive
"The Lord of the Rings" and all prominent names and images featured are the copyrights and/or trademarks of New Line Cinema and the Tolkien Estate and are used here for non-profit entertainment purposes only. This site is unofficial and is neither sponsored nor endorsed by New Line Cinema and the Tolkien Estate."