The Library of Moria Forum

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Library of Moria Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Welcome to the Library of Moria Forums! If this is your first visit here, or you're having trouble seeing the entire board, please refer to this thread.

'The interspecies challenge'

Board Information and Guidelines, First time here? Please read carefully!
Tinker Bell
Posted: Aug 1 2006, 10:21 PM

The Great and Powerful OZ
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

First and foremost, welcome! This is the online community associated with, but not limited to, the Library of Moria Lord of the Rings Slash FanFiction Archive.

We strongly suggest that before you make an user account and start posting, you carefully read the general board rules.

One important rule should be noted before you continue! Obviously, if you are a guest or you've just joined, you cannot post in most of our forums. Because of the nature of this community, you must be 17 years old or older to participate. Your birthday must be included in your user profile before we will grant you posting access to the rest of the board. To set your birthday, go to My Controls (at the top of your page) > Edit Profile Information.

After you've set your birthday, please post an introduction topic in the Introductions Forum. Not only will this get us all acquainted (We love to properly greet new members!!), but it will give Tigerlily a little reminder to upgrade you to Slasher status, which will allow you to post anywhere on the boards.

If you have set your birthday and still have not received full access to the forums within 3 days, please PM Tigerlily Grubb.

At the end of this post you'll find a list of Frequently Asked Questions.
If you are still confused about something, feel free to ask one of the administrators or moderators: The Admin/Moderating Team

------------------------------------------------------------------

Note to Guests: We have disabled Guest Posting on this board, so Guests can no longer post topics or reply to threads. In order to post, you must be a registered forum member.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Some Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What's slash?
A: If you don't know what slash is, you're probably here by mistake. I suggest you Google the web first and check out the Library of Moria.

Q: This board is boring. There's nothing to see. Why should I join?
A: As long as you're not a registered member of this board, you will only be able to see the Forum News and the Introductions Forum.
Once you've joined , you'll have access to only parts of the forums, namely the ones in which "explicit" of "adult-oriented" material is prohibited. Of course, upon posting your birthdate and introduction thread, the rest of the boards will be opened to you. See also the next Question.

Q: Why are some members' usergroup called "Members", some "Slashers" and some "Fanslashtic"?
A: Everyone who joins this board will start off as a "Member". You will only be able to post in the Introductions Forum, and view the "General Chit-Chat" and "Books, Movies and TV" Forums, to give you a feel of what LOM is like!
Once you are approved (by having a birthday listed in your profile that makes you 17 years or over, and posting an Intro post), you will be changed to "Slasher" and will have access to the rest of the board.
When you've made over 300 posts, your user group changes to "Fanslashtic" as an added distinction. There are certain benefits to being in this group, such as an extra star, the different group name, and especially being able to upload your avatar to the forum instead of linking to it from another site.
**Some members, you will notice, are listed as "validating"... this generally means that they have posted an Intro post but have not yet listed their birthdate (or vice versa)! Essentially, until you do both, you are in limbo!**

Q: How can I get a picture/icon/avatar under my username?
A: You can read here on how to do that.
If you're looking for a cool avatar, look in this thread and this thread for some sites where your can 'borrow' ready made avatars.

Q: Why am I a Ringwraith's dangly bit? How I can change my title?
A: Your title changes with the number of post that you make. Browse through this thread to find the current listing.

Q: How can I make my own custom title like some of the members have?
A: Members with over 500 posts can make their own title.

Q: How can I get a signature under my posts?
A: You can read here how to do that.

Q: How do I get pretty colors in my sig or post?
A: This invision board comes with a number of standard colors. You can use more colors by selecting a (standard) color, but filling in your own color code instead of the standard ones. Here you can find the codes for all the colors you could want.

Q: Why do some members have characters claimed in their sig? How can I do that?
A: You can find out about the Claimes Character in the Claimed Characters Activities Forum. Be advised that you cannot claim a character until you have more than 50 posts on the board.

Q: Are you guys all related or what? What is this board family about?
A: You can find out about the Board Family in the Slashy Fun Forum. (Read the first post in Family Planning for the rules)

Q: What's up with those fan clubs? Can I join one?
A: You can find all the fan clubs in the Fan Clubs Forum. Feel free to join any fan club you like!

Q: Can I post my stories here?
A: You can link to your Tolkien related slash fics in the LOTR Fiction. Please note there are additional rules in this forum!
If you have some RPS or Slash fiction in another fandom, you can post a link to them in the Other Fiction Forum.

Q: How about my fanart/manips?
A: You can link to your artwork in the Slash and General Art Forum. Please be sure to abide by the rules in that Forum, such as warning readers about links to art that is Not Safe For Work (NSFW).

Q: Can I post a link to my website/LJ?
A: You can pimp your website in the Links Forum or your online journal in this thread. Many members also have links in their signatures.

Cheers, and have fun biggrin.gif wine.gif

-LOM Admin Team

This post has been edited by Tigerlily Grubb on May 14 2011, 04:30 PM

--------------------
“If I stayed beside you, love would lead me, not wisdom.” - Beleg to Túrin
Claimed: Ecthelion of the Fountain, Beleg Strongbow, and Fëanor
Status: Ecthelion and Beleg are having a threesome with Brian Kinney. Feanor is content with watching...for now.
Founder of the Elf Fanclub
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive
"The Lord of the Rings" and all prominent names and images featured are the copyrights and/or trademarks of New Line Cinema and the Tolkien Estate and are used here for non-profit entertainment purposes only. This site is unofficial and is neither sponsored nor endorsed by New Line Cinema and the Tolkien Estate."