Title: Quotation Quotation Quotation... the Second Voting
Stuart000X - January 17, 2011 07:40 AM (GMT)
Vote for your favourite quote from this most quotable of competition.
To see entries, follow this link
The Wrath - January 17, 2011 01:00 PM (GMT)
1. Raziel4707: "You didn't bring a gun? To a war? You're serious? Ok then dredge-for-brains, you will just have to reach into the steaming piles behind you and launch fist-fulls of crap at the enemy. Fifty points if you hit them in the eyes. Oh, you say there are no such convenient piles of excrement to hand? Trust me, bud. Once you lot see a horde of daemons come charging up the plaza, there frakking will be."
Saint Alexander Coburn, latter stages of the battle for Hol-mare city.
reason - a good mix of humour (which i consider essential for such things) and a sense of the reality of fighting horrors from the warp
2. Wordsofduality: 'I am Alpharius. Or is he Alpharius? Wait, which one of us is Omegon again?'
Attributed to Primarch Alpharius, probably.
reason - i like the alpha legion. sorry, blatant favouritism based on legion choice.
3. ninja101: You have perhaps, from time to time, alone in a quiet moment in one of those oldest and most sacred places of natural beauty perceived, just beyond hearing, that quiet hum of ancient mystery. And in that moment of hearing the hum, if you are one of the mon-keigh most sensitive to such things, have realised your place as a mortal man as part of a mortal empire, realised the smallness of your place in the endless, endlessly enduring universe. But even you, who realises the smallness of even your entire people, cannot know, cannot even conceive of, the depth of connection we feel to this land, to the world spirit, for, to me, that hum forms words, human.
- Anonymous Eldar Exodite in the days before the razing of Raziel IV.
reason - well, actually I think this is probably the best one there, but it doesn't contain any funnies (see note above) so I'm putting it third.
ninja101 - January 17, 2011 05:03 PM (GMT)
Right, since one of my new year's resolutions is to try and vote in the competitions I enter, here goes!
1. Tyrant on the steel walkers. Patient is a great word to hinge the whole quote on and really changes the tone of the quote. Nice!
2. Raz - "You didn't bring a gun" - I like the dark humour at work here, which, as Wrath points out, might be what mine is lacking.
3. Gais - Marine's prayer - The only line I thought was a bit odd here, was about "our daily bolts", which,a s it replaces bread kinda made me think of marines chomping through bolt rounds, which is probably just the way my mind works. A really clever reworking nonetheless!
other feedback type comments:
Raz - Uranus and Foxtrot company - clever and pretty funny. Although, for me, 40K humour has to be pitch black to really work.
Ghur - Nice. Although I was a bit confused who this guy was. To me (and I don't know why) silver skulls = titan legion, so I don't know why he'd be in psychic duels. Is he a librarian of the silver skulls chapter? if so, giving him a more typical librarian rank (codicier, etc) would flag that up more clearly
Kasr - I liked it. You captured the anger really well, although I associate Tau more with calculation that berserk fury, although I don't know why. Maybe it's the hooves.
Stu - Pretty funny, I admit, but seemed (to me) just a little out of character for the Emperor's most devout guardians.
Words (Alpha/omega) - As with Raz's non-vote-winning entries it was pretty funny, but not quite dark enough for the 41st millenium. (Xanthian) - Really good, especially the chant at the end, just edged out of the voting places in the end.
Tim - Like Words' Xanthian, this only just missed out on the top three. Th eonly thing stopping it for me was that I wasn't sure if even marines would be quite that brutal to guardsmen...
Gias (sermon) - I liked it, but was it too long for this comp?
Steffen - A nice idea, but I'm not sure anybody gets to speak to the hangman like that!
As this is the first time i've made a real try at giving feedback please attribute any harshness to inexperience rather than intention. I really liked them all, the standard here (as it tends to be in the bolthole) was pretty high!
steffen19k - January 18, 2011 01:45 AM (GMT)
My votes are for:
3) Tyrant's Guardsman description of Necrons
2) Ghurlag's Silver Skulls Prognosticator
1) Kasrkin's Tau vendetta.
Strangely enough, Kasrkin did see thru my "no particular order" remark and saw the actual order I was voting in, so I'm also voting Kasrkin be labeled a Psyker (although withhold any anti psyker action until after he gets is whatsit/wossname!) :P
Raziel4707 - January 18, 2011 06:53 AM (GMT)
Um, sorry dude but as you need to state first second and third, could you please do them in a particular order so we know how we're counting them? :P
Tyrant - January 18, 2011 08:44 AM (GMT)
Shut up Raz, mine is at the top so clearly it's first..... :lol:
Raziel4707 - January 18, 2011 10:30 AM (GMT)
Well of course you would say that! teehee
Kasrkin - January 18, 2011 08:16 PM (GMT)
Don't be daft. Like all good judges with a taste for the drama of these events, he was obviously listing them in reverse order. Like the Top 40 singles chart.
See? You just have to take a step back and look at these things objectively, and then everything makes perfect sense.
steffen19k - January 20, 2011 03:45 AM (GMT)
This was actually a suprisingly short voting session....
Stuart000X - January 20, 2011 09:05 AM (GMT)
A few more days of voting then i will end it on the 22nd and i will announce the winner.
Tyrant - January 20, 2011 09:21 AM (GMT)
1) Wordsofduality: Inquisitor Zahl.
2) Tim the Corsair: Captain of 5th Company.
3) ninja101: Eldar Exodite.
Raziel4707 - January 21, 2011 09:40 PM (GMT)
Here are my votes!
1st Tim The Corsair – What do I expect
2nd Steffen19k – If you ain’t cav…
3rd Stuart000x – Custodes
Stuart000X - January 23, 2011 10:09 AM (GMT)
Voting over, i will count the votes and declare the winner!