Skin Autumnea designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Sylvania. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Weather Welcome Quick Links
It is the beginning of summer. The weather is sunny with a high of 60 and a low of 55. Sylvania high school has always been known for being one of the best high schools in northern Wisconsin. Their teams were superior and they had high academic scores. Last year, on a hot June day a fire started in the school. It raged for a few hours and only left a few sections of the school undamaged. The town was devastated and when a meeting was held about rebuilding the school an idea sparked. Why don't the log off some of the woods and build a brand new school, the largest in the area. In a matter of months the school was rebuilt and was ready for the new school year. Then they got the idea to build dorms on the school grounds to share the school with everybody. Now the town is thriving thanks to the added people and this little city is becomeing well known. Welcome, to Sylvania Wisconsin where it's nothing but trees, lakes and adventure. Official Members List
Joining Application
Pre-Mades
Other Pre-Mades
Advertise
Affiliate
Rules

Relaxation-Kaylin
Branden Devereaux
Posted: Apr 20 2007, 05:53 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Relaxation, what a nice word and today he was actually relaxing. Well sure he had his puppy with him but the dog was happily sleeping on the grass beside him. He'd just gotten done tossing the puppy's favorite tennis ball for him but he knew that in about twenty minutes Brownie would be up for more. The puppy actually reminded him of his best friend Jordan in a way. Both of them had a lot of energy and with just a few minutes of rest could be back doing things. He ran his hand through the puppy's short fur and then closed his eyes and sighed. It felt really odd not to have Jordan there with him but he was off working on a construction site for his dad. He'd recently asked his dad to cut his hours and he had which meant that he'd probably be finished around one or two today. So he only had a few more hours of just sitting around left. This morning they had went on a nice run though and they had a nice talk about things.

For the first time in a long time he'd actually brought up Kaylin. She'd been one of the few girls that had been let into the group. For awhile Miranda and her had been the only females that he was around in school. They'd both been tomboys and he did have to admit that he was surprised about all of the things that she had went along with. He knew that most girls wouldn't have wanted to play football in the rain. Actually one of the times that he had thought about her before had been last year when it had started to rain during the middle of a football game. That had been fun, but it had been a little on the cold side but they had ended up winning. Much of the credit to that went to Jordan though and he knew why he'd been able to somehow see that ball through the rain. It had been from all of the times that they'd played in the rain before. Not to mention, he had told him where to go but that didn't really matter that much. He had been slightly shocked in junior high when she had drifted away from them. But Miranda had still remained which made things slightly easier about getting over it. She began to hang out with the girl a lot of the time too. But instead of going out shopping on the weekends she'd be with them doing who knows what.

Miranda was gone now though and had been for almost two years. Now there really wasn't any girl in the group unless you counted Taylor and it was actually nice to have her around sometimes. Of course, he knew that Jordan had fallen for her and just really hadn't told her yet. He opened his eyes and looked up at the sky for a moment before sitting up. He actually wanted to find Kaylin and talk to her sometime he just had been so busy lately. Of course he knew that once he started to talk to her that he'd probably end up reminiscing about things and not wanting her to just drift away again.

((Sorry if that's really bad but I have to get ready for school now.))
Kaylin Hawthorne
Posted: Apr 20 2007, 12:14 PM

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 18

OOC: That was perfect; it gave a lot of detail to work off of. =)

This was just one of those days that Kaylin would be running around the neighborhood in her daily jogging, and today happened to be around the Oak Street Park. It had a lovely day outside which made the jogging a lot more comfortable for her; winter weather was always the worst time to be running around, but she did it anyway to keep herself as active as possible. Music had been going through her ears from the earplugs that belonged to her iPod, which connected to the upper-hem of her shorts. She wasn't in the most attractive sort of mode with the jogging outfit on, not to mention a bit of sweat emitting from her forehead, but it didn't phase Kaylin one bit at all. She was quite used to this.

When strolling through the park, though, a familiar face came to her view when she spotted a boy around her age, sitting on the ground with a puppy beside him. An instant sort of reminiscent feeling surged through her mind when she remembered the times spent with that particular boy. Actually, he wasn't quite much of a boy anymore, but a teen that has yet to reach an adult age (same with her; she was only a year off from eighteen). Smiling, she figured that the amount of jogging spent this morning was quite enough, before she walked over to where he was sitting. Her hands moved to the iPod to turn the music off, and then switching over to taking out the earplugs and wrapping it around the music player. "Hey, Branden!" she exclaimed, showing how happy she was to meet up with a childhood friend.

She missed the times when she spent with him and the others, when she normally could care less about her appearance. Football in the rain! Oh, how she missed that, too. Mud wasn't a problem for her; there was such a thing called a shower. Although, lately she's gotten more involved with dance and cheerleading that the tomboy attitude changed. You could probably say that her new group of friends have changed her, ever since she attended an all female sleepover. Kaylin had been on the verge of becoming quite more feminine; but seeing Branden's face made her wish she had been young and carefree. She soon placed herself down on the patch of grass beside him, wondering if there was a lot of catching up to do... she wanted to apologize for not seeming so active with his group of friends, which she considered as family... actually, she wanted to smack herself for leaving them. Who knew what could have happened if she remained that tomboy self?
Branden Devereaux
Posted: Apr 21 2007, 07:51 AM

Administrator

A smile appeared on his face once he was Kaylin. He was glad that she had decided to talk with him now. Since he had been slightly bored and he really hadn't been able to leave since Brownie had decided to take a nap. "Hey, long time no see of course we've both probably been really busy." He said and then smiled at her before running his hand through Brownie's short brown fur. He'd only had the animal for a few weeks and the puppy was already attached to him. Lately he'd been on a very tight schedule. Which included running early in the morning, doing whatever his parents wanted him to do, and trying to find time to spend with Jordan. Sure he had a lot of other friends but Jordan was probably his first friend and according to his older brother the two of them had been friends since he was born. Jordan was older by about four months but it didn't matter to him, although he was the one who usually thought up the crazy things that they did. Of course the last thing that they'd done was get a whole bunch of people together and got them to play hide and go seek at ten o'clock at night.

"Before I forget I probably should thank you. All of those times that we played football in the mud really paid off you know. Like last year when in the middle of the St. Thomas game when it started to pour and it was freezing out. The one play that I decided to run instead of passing it probably was that which made me not fall down. If I would have thought there was a huge chance of me falling down though I would have decided to find Jordan and get the ball to him though." He said and knew that he was rambling and knew that she probably wouldn't want to hear him speak about football anymore. After all she was a cheerleader now and he knew that most would rather die than play football. Of course he knew that one in particular did play football but he knew that it wasn't something that should get around. Which was exactly why he'd never mention it to anybody.

He wondered if she knew how he had been after Miranda's death. Since that was around three years after they had drifted apart. He was glad that she hadn't been part of the group of girls that had tried to win him over just a week after her death. Actually now that he really thought about it he really hadn't had a steady girlfriend after her but that was because all of them either did or said something that made him uninterested in them again. Some people even had the nerve to bring Miranda up and tell him how the wished the could be like her or something along those lines. Nobody would be like her, she was different and nobody was going to make him forget about her. He pulled his slightly faded t shirt further down, as he tried to think of something else to say. "So I suppose that you know about Mandy's breakup with Jordan then. She's the one cheerleader that I don't like and I really wish that she wouldn't be co-caption. But I'm assuming that people are starting to pick up that Jordan does like the other co-captian Taylor. If not don't go around telling people that otherwise Jordan might sit on me or something." He said and then thought about how Jordan had acted after his breakup with Mandy.

She'd confronted him while he had been at school fixing some thing in the school. It had been one of the times when he wasn't with him and he now regretted not going with him. Mandy had completely cut Jordan down and said a whole bunch of lies to him which Jordan had believed. This had all went on for about ten minutes and he knew that half of the cheerleading squad had been in the hallway to witness it. After it was all over Jordan had ended up at his home shaking and telling him all that had happened. For about a few weeks after that he had been nervous around most females and would only alow a few of them to get close to him. That was when Taylor had stepped in and somehow managed to get him to trust her and now Jordan was basically his typical self.

((That's good hopefully that one was detailed. By the way it's summer I know the banner is deceiving though. But that's because I have to wait a few more weeks until things green up to take another picture and find a "summery" skin.))
Kaylin Hawthorne
Posted: Apr 21 2007, 09:20 AM

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 18

OOC: It's sixty-five degrees here and sunny as ever. =)
The winter skin is cute, though. Simple, but with a cute banner. <3

If it wasn't for her inactiveness with the old group of friends she hung out with in her childhood, Kaylin wouldn't have been sitting here and being informed on stuff that she has missed. She even regretted not really watching the football games to see Branden play; but instead she had been chatting with the rest of the cheerleaders, giving peppy attitudes towards the crowds and helping herself to popcorn or Mountain Dew by her friends that came to watch and support their school. Her focus wasn't on how sunny the weather had been or who had been in the park at this time; to repay her distance from the past few years, Kaylin was listening intently on to everything that Branden was telling her. "Yeah, I'm sorry... I've just been so busy with dance and cheerleading..." she apologized, but kept a smile on her face because she was happy she got the chance to finally speak to Branden.

To be honest, Kaylin was quite happy to listen in on Branden's football reminiscence. As much as she was hidden behind a cheerleading outfit, sometimes she would rather go out and play football instead. It was surprising to know that she could pass quite well for a girl. Then again, her whole childhood was dedicated to sports and any sort of athletic activity to keep her active. However, since she had drifted away from her true, old group of friends, there wasn't much of a chance for her into getting back into football. She even feared that she might not be good at it anymore, but those were just normal doubts that occurs especially when inactive from a particular activity for ages. "Ahh, football," she sighed, recalling back to the memories once more. "I really wish we can plan to have another game going on... I miss football like crazy... I've basically been football-deprived."

When Branden switched on to the topic of Mandy, the one girl that Kaylin despised most, she scowled in disgust when she listened to him go on about her. "I don't get why she's always the main topic of conversation... most of the cheerleaders agree that she shouldn't be one of us," she gave in her comment, shrugging her shoulders as she did so. "Then again, we may never know... she's just a snob. Usually snobs get what they want, don't they? While we have to work hard, everything just gets handed to them without breaking a sweat. Oh, don't worry. I won't mention anything to Taylor or to anyone, but I think it's cute that Jordan's finding a crush someone much better than Mandy." Knowing Kaylin, she most likely keeps secrets to herself, but there's been one or two secrets that she had to spill, only because she thought it was quite serious. This one seemed like a normal crush, so there was no point in revealing this secret. Whenever Kaylin has a crush on someone, she would prefer it to be a secret... and right now, she hasn't much any interest in crushing on someone, yet.

The thought of crushes trigged Kaylin into remembering the girlfriend, Miranda, that Branden had been with before she passed. It was weird to be talking to him for the first time since then. Literally, she wanted to smack herself for not being by his side and comforting him throughout the whole time, but for some reason, she remained to be distant. Kaylin was blaming herself for most of this. Glancing up at the sky for the brief moment, she pulled back her chestnut strands of hair out of her vision, pulling it back in a hair-tie. When she finished, she looked back at Branden with a serious sort of expression, pretty close to apologetic. "Hey, I just want to apologize... I mean--I really haven't been myself at all, have I? We used to hang out a lot, and now it's been years since we sat down like this to have a conversation... even though we never really had much of a conversation back then, but went out to do random things like normal teens. I guess I've been so much more busier than I thought. I didn't mean to."

Branden Devereaux
Posted: Apr 21 2007, 09:49 AM

Administrator

If somebody would have asked him years ago if he would be having a conversation with Kaylin for the first time in years then he would have told them no. Yet it was happening and she actually was apologizing for being away from their group for so long. "That's alright, I've been really busy with things and everything's just been rather hectic. Of course part of that is because I've basically been really busy with sports. Well, if you count the few days that Jordan dragged me out to the golf course. Then we end up chasing a goose around trying to get a ball back." He said and then watched as Brownie stood up and shook before wagging his tail and making his way over to where Kaylin was. "Oh yeah, and this puppy has kept me busy. Brownie's became attached to me but Jordan's puppy Diego has become attached to him of course he's Brownie's brother so the two go on play dates." He said and then dug the ball out of his pocket and threw it for the puppy. Who then turned and took off after it, now he'd have about one minute of talking time before Brownie came back.

She missed playing football? "Well, if you really want I probably could call up a couple of people. I wouldn't want you to stay football deprived. Of course you'll have to do without my third in command since as you know Conrad moved two years ago." He said and wondered what the chances were of him coming back. Probably a hundred to one at least since his parents refused to let him move back up here and just live in one of the dorms. He'd ended up moving to Ohio when his dad ended up getting some job out there. The two still talked to each other but he hadn't seen him face to face in two years and he did miss him. Of course people probably knew that and had forgotten about him already though. He'd left a few weeks before school had started and just a short while after Miranda's accident. That had been a major blow for him too and he was just very lucky that he had Jordan during those times.

"Yeah and that's not the half of it, Jordan came down with the flu a little while ago and was really sick. I had to leave to go do something and while he was asleep she just marched into his home, went up to his room and surprised him once he woke up. She kept telling him how she wanted him back and things like that. Luckily Jordan's brother ended up going up there once he got home and chased her out." He said and then rolled his eyes he hated Mandy for all that she'd done to Jordan. Of course, he knew that a lot of people hated her, even his older brother hated her. That was because he had been the stupid one who had went out with her years ago. Of course he knew that Mandy had just wanted to go out with Josh because of his sports status. That probably was why she'd tried to get him to go out with her too and after he had refused she had moved over to Jordan. "Yeah I know and do you know what she had the nerve to do? Last night I got an email from her saying how sorry she was and that she should have been thinking about us. I was like hello are you drunk or something, I hate you if you tried to get me to go out with you I'd say no instantly." He said before wondered if he should tell Jordan about that. Probably not since it might freak him out.

"It's alright really, I understand just don't go years without talking to me again. Since you're a nice person to talk to and I know for a fact that Jordan misses you too. But don't feel sorry about it I'm sure that he'll accept your apology too. " He said and then watched as Brownie ran back.

((It's about 40 or 50 degrees here but things haven't greened up yet and the lake that I'm planning to use looks a little bare. But that's northern Wisconsin for you.))
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0969 seconds · Archive

Affiliates RPG Listings & Support
Northern Exposure T H E _ M A Z E [AD] Lakeland High Paxton Hills Fading Destiny Kylo [wolf rpg] Paradise Lost Obsidian Rose Tesikk Keyran Boarding School The Dreaming RPG Amfreti High Camp Aspen Ridge Paparazzi BE.dazzled Rose Academy Blood Red Tears Passion, War, Strength Secret Gods xx Remoor Region A Haunted Hospital Twilight Opaque Zireling Kingdom Twilights Rain Off The Page * Coverdell Prep Magic Lands Image and video hosting by TinyPic A World Apart : A TMNT Role Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
RPGCollection RPG Circle RPG Society The RPG Hoard RPG Request DxR-Coding & Graphic Database-RPG Listing ShatteredListings::ForRoleplays Lemon-Drop.net RPG Browser Top Sites The RPG Collection Topsite