Welcome to the Sustainable Frome discussion forum, aiming to discuss a wide range of issues to enable Frome (Somerset, UK) to become a more sustainable town.
Vision for Frome
Transition Towns Rob's blog
General guidelines & help
This is a forum for discussion of a wide range of issues to enable Frome (Somerset, UK) to become a more sustainable town. We aim to influence planning policy, raise awareness & undertake practical projects. See our website at http://www.sustainablefrome.org.uk
We hold monthly meetings and interest-specific groups are forming to discuss actions. The Interest Groups are listed as separate fora, so find the relevant one for your discussion or questions. Each section has a 'pinned' post at the top with the Topic Group members & key website links, documents, etc.
Please feel free to add topics & join in. Hoping for some great ideas on how to make Frome more sustainable...
Note: You won't be able to fully join in the conversations if you do not register, so
1. You need to register in the new site - click on "Register" (top left)
2. Simple process - Please put your real name in "username".
If you have never used a forum before then don't fear - it is only by experimenting & having a go that you will really get to enjoy it.... just ask any questions you have in the section below. You can add emoticons to help express your feelings when words are not enough.
You will notice that there are lots of controls and settings you can use - not only in 'My Controls' but also around the 'posting box' when you go to send a message - above this box are buttons to change the text , add weblinks, images & stuff, and below the box you can add files as attachments.
Above the threads are controls so you can track the topic, add a reply or start a new topic.
1)Please put topics in the relevant sections - have a good look round to see how it works first.
2)Use private messages (PMs) for things you want to say to the person who posted the message only - to avoid long threads.
3)Use the "Off Topic" section for off the wall stuff (e.g. "I'm having a party")
4)The Forum IS moderated - we will remove offensive or irrelevant material. IF YOU ARE OFFENDED IN ANY WAY please use the 'REPORT' button.
5) Please do not give the password away! We want to avoid people selling stuff, or who aren't from near Frome, and we'll check this.... Send those wanting to join can go to Frome Towntalk (see above), or they can email me or Peter.
6) If you want to use a nickname please put your real name in as a signature (under 'Personal Profile' in 'My Controls' (top right).
7) Last but not least, PLEASE put some information about you & your particular interests in 'your interests' (My Controls).
Forum tips & tricks;
1. The 'Portal' button, just to the right of this 'Guidelines' button, gives you access to a page showing latest posts, your email & pm's & other useful info.
2. See http://z6.invisionfree.com/Sustainable_Frome/index.php?showforum=11 for more ideas.
the future is a place we are creating, not a place we are going.....