I'm scaling back to only play Lion, as I'm having a hard enough time doing even that. Playing one clan, buying a whole box of boosters sucks, and then trying to sort out trading over several weeks, too.
I'd like to split a box of boosters with someone and do this:
1. We each pick categories of cards we want dibs on and agree. So, I might say, "All Lion personalities and any card which says it's lion-specific," and you say, "All Mantis and Crane personalities and cards specific to them."
2. We divide the packs in half and then open them, making 3 piles of rares (can be done for uncommons if necessary):
a. My dibs
b. Your dibs
c. My keepers from my packs
d. Your keepers from your packs
e. Rares I don't care about
f. Rares you don't care bout
3. We swap piles e & f and put cards we want in our dibs piles.
4. Split the remaining rares from e & f, and total up how many cards we each have. If we have an equal number of rares, or agree that it's close enough, go to step 6. :)
5. If we're far apart, then we negotiate the keeper piles. If we can't agree on the keepers, we just unevenly divide the remainders in e & f.
6. Divvy up the commons and uncommons.
It's worked really well the 3 times I've done it over the years.