zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Recwar Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Future RW2 Mapmaker Suggestions, A few ideas...
DaFranker
  Posted: Apr 2 2004, 08:30 PM

RecWar Captain

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

wink.gif

Heh, good, someone finally pushed me down, I think I needed that smile.gif .

That's somehow a thing I always do, give lots of work to people, but most of the time all it does is increment a little bit the result, meh. Still, there IS a result most of the time, because mainly it gives exact ideas of what might be done. Thanks again for putting me down tongue.gif .
mateenj
Posted: Apr 2 2004, 09:48 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

No no, I'm not putting you down. I'm just letting you all know (and let this be a reminder for all) that we don't want too much weight put on Willem's shoulders. It's not your fault, just know it for next time. I'm still happy you have that post, I'm saving in the logs for future reference because there are some excellent and very beautifully plotted tips in the first long post. Thanks wink.gif
DaFranker
Posted: Apr 2 2004, 10:01 PM

RecWar Captain

Member No.: 6

biggrin.gif

Lol really, that's what I usually mean by putting someone down, just telling him like, hey, you're overdoing it, calm down, lol.

You'll notice fast enough that some of the things I say of somewhat... weird, and sometimes even hard to understand, sometimes 'cause I'm just really weird, sometimes 'caus it's my Canadian way of talking, and sometimes also 'caus my english isn't that good.
Hwawrang
Posted: Jul 25 2004, 09:48 PM

RecWar Newbie

Member No.: 26

ive just realised this isnt just normal ideas for RW2... dry.gif ill add them any way!!!

ok, sorry if i sound rude but i couldnt be bohered to read half of that stuff... sorry! ok i have ideas...

* means these could be rules that could be Disabled and stuff

*Class Weapon sets of some sort, liek tanks have the Rail gun, Machien gun and a rocket Launcher. Jeeps have machien gun and somthing else... so it makes differences between vehicals other then speed and armour

*Damage from ramming, if a tank Drives into a Jeep, its atleast gonna scracth it dont you think?

*disable weapons and stuff, makes sence really...

*Powerups, Damage x2, Invis, speed... that kind of Arcady stuff

maybe a Co-op mode! where one Player Drives the other one operates the Turret! I LOVE THAT in a game!!! BU if u do put this in you MUST make it so when the Driver turn (does a donut or somthing) the turret stays facing up. but its so annoying when ur trying to shoot somthing and your driver only trying NOT to get Blown to Peices is weving side to side and you cant hit them coz u get Motion sickness or somthing.... well Maybe not like that but its annoying!!!

New weapons!!! GOTTA HAVE NEW WEAPONS!!! like, Spider mines! you could make them with the same Scripting (or what ever u use) for the Lock on Missles. Just make it so if an enemy come near it follows them till it hits them or somthing else.

Flame throwers, they would be cool. and make it Napalm that sticks to stuff (Floors, Walls, Other players)

i got these ideas for UT, a Blade Launcher (yes, the ripper tongue.gif) fire a HUGE disc that bounces around and cuts threw other players... does heavy damage but only can hit 3 things

a stream weapon like a plasma trail, it only goes a small distance from your tank but Melts Metal fast...

this could come under pick ups, the Nuke Missle! just makes a big F*** off explosion

now THIS is for the map maker... custom Tiles... you can edit your OWN tile image with Pixel art or somthing, but make it so u can copy and paste Bmp and Jpeg onto it. also could u get it like GIF? so trhat it has more then one frame? and like an animation kinda thing. that would be good!

well thats all i can think of, and sorry about all the stuff about weapons and addons!
Posted: Oct 25 2004, 04:57 PM

Unregistered

wow dafreanker, regarding your first post in this topic do you think the map maker in rw2 could be that complex with so many features? I would be delighted if it was true but I doubt there will be all that you listed in it but great suggestions!
« Next Oldest | Ideas & Suggestions | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Quick Reply

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0268 seconds · Archive