Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.Learn More
· Sign-up Now
|Welcome to Rage Rage!. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
the pushy admin.
Member No.: 1
Joined: 15-November 09
APPLYING AND CHARACTERS
1. Make your characters original and realistic. Yes, we’re a magical forum, but there is still a standard of acceptability. Don’t make us go through the whole explanation of how we don’t want perfect or perfectly depressing characters. This includes magical abilities. Not everyone is a werewolf, or anything of that sort.
2. When posting your application, title it in the LAST, first format. Example: POTTER, harry. Do not put anything in the topic description, and do not click a post icon.
3. After you have registered, you have four days to post an application (which is the same as the canon reservations). If this is a problem, please PM an admin and tell us. Otherwise your account will be deleted. You can always re-register though.
4. Our board has the use of the doHTML tag, so in our application we have taken advantage of that. Now don't worry, most of the code is the same (and you can pretty much ignore where the HTML is). But be sure when you are doing lists you use a br tag to make a line break, and p for actual paragraphs. It is explained in the application if this does not make sense.
5. Do NOT alter the code in any way. Don't take any sections out, don't add any in. We have given you the information that we want to have, and if you find it necessary to add more, make it fit within one of the sections we have given you.
6. Our denial process goes in two stages. First, your application will be moved to pending. When we do this, we will add a post that tells you almost everything you need to fix your application. We will get detailed, so be prepared. Now what you need to do is fix up your application. Just edit the one that is there. To show us that you have finished, you are going to post a role play sample as a reply. It will bump the topic, and bring it to our attention. If your application is still not up to our standards, it will be moved to denied. If this is the case, you are welcome to apply as another character, but not the same one. And we will check IPs, so please don't change your alias in an attempt to confuse us.
7. If you are competing, the above rule does not matter. We don't want to make people wait too long if they are applying, and due to the fact that everyone has a different speed of applying, it wouldn't be fair. So what you need to do is post in the competing applications forum, and we will pick from them there.
8. We are not too picky when it comes to playbys, but all we ask is no Disney, Harry Potter, or Twilight playbys.
9. When you are applying, please do not make your whole application in first person. It is difficult to get into detail when you do this for the larger sections. Now don't get me wrong, adding first person cometary to the list-like sections of the applications is welcomed, but when it comes to the large paragraph sections please stick to third person.
POSTING AND ACCOUNTS
1. Register with your character’s first, middle, and last name in lowercase letters.
2. Avatars must be 180x280, no exceptions. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE. Everyone's avatar must be the same size. Signatures may not stretch the board. If you need help with any graphics (including the application picture) feel free to ask. YOU MUST HAVE A SIGNATURE AND AN ICON. If you are unable to make one yourself, there are plenty of people who would be MORE than happy to make you one in the graphics forum.
3. We understand, probably more so than most admins, that you have a life. We do too. We're not expecting you to post every week. If you do, great. If you can't because you are living your life like a real person, healthy and away from your computer? That's even better. We just ask that you maintain communication about what's going on. We're community-based here. If you have something going on, just let us know. Posting-wise, just make at least one post, per character, per month. If you are threading with someone and you plan on taking advantage of that leniency, we expect you let them know. It's just polite.
4. There are no length requirements for posts. We trust your skill. Just be sure you are replying adequately to whatever you’re given. And that means quality-wise, not quantity-wise.
5. You must make one in character post with each character before making a new one.
6. Do not join a closed board unless you are invited.
7. If your roleplay is of the more adult nature, please tag it with an [M].
8. There are no character limits, but you must keep all your characters active. If they become inactive, we may ask you to even eliminate a few.
9. If you are having writer's block, do not force out a post. It is never fun to reply to someone if the post is not written with any muse. Just wait for it to come back!
1. Be respectful to everyone. This includes the admin, members, and characters. Do not make fun of someone’s character or attack someone because of their character. Characters have minds of their own—remember that.
2. Don’t misuse the cbox. We have a very clear warning, but we’d just like you to keep that in mind =] Also, please say 'hello' before you join. I know that it's scary, as some boards can get cliquey and you end up being the odd person out, but we aim to never let that happen. We love to include new people because we understand how hard it is to get acclimated to a board. So just pop in and say hello!
3. If you decide to leave for whatever reason, please let us know. You can do so privately, or you can say goodbye to the whole forum in the Absence board. Please do not just disappear. We know that this happens often, but we’d prefer if it didn’t. We won't judge you if you're not feeling the board; it happens. We accept that. Just let us know so we can say goodbye and good luck :]
4. Do not beg for posts in the cbox. This includes kindly reminding people that they need to post for you.