1. General Rules
2. Character Rules
3. Post Ranking System
4. Signature Rules
Welcome to Maori. We encourage all the RPing that you can imagine but there are just a few things. First off, the rules. Read them, memorize them, burn them into you brain. Violations can result in stiff penalties. Some of them may seem binding but they are necessary and it is easy to follow them and still have fun. So, read on!
1) This is a third-person, literate RP. Meaning, excessive spelling/grammar errors are highly looked down upon. There are such things as dictionaries. Use them! If you still have trouble, PM an Admin or post in the help forum. We are only too happy to lend a hand. Or keyboard in this case.
2) You may not force anyone to RP with you. Likewise, you may not force someone to RP something they do not want to or feel comfortable RPing. This is a suspendable and bannable offense.
3) Please be discreet. None of us want to read a particularly graphic scene, especially if it adult in nature. There are specific forums for that.
4) Keep the use of specific four-letter words to a minimum (AKA, cuss words). If it is absolutely necessary for the post, it will be allowed. But if they are over-used or we (the Admins) feel this trust is being abused, said post will be deleted and you will be warned.
5) DO NOT GOD MODE!!! A person created a character, andhey are perfectly capable of RPing them.Suspendable Offenses
Overly graphic posting in non-mature forumsBannable Offenses
Continuous God-moding (seriously. Don't do it.)
Excessive swearing after a warning
Having multiple accounts (we can find out. Don't test us)
Character theftWarnable Offenses
Use of l337, chat or text speak in EXCESSIVE and UNNEEDED amounts. (zero tolerance. You will be warned. Don't make us tell you twice.)
Creating a "cookie-cutter" character (make them interesting.)
Having a Mary Sue character (for more info, PM an Admin)
Being illiterate and not doing a thing about itDo's
-Have fun in your RPing. This is for entertainment. The least you can do is enjoy it.
-Make the RPs interesting. Throw in humor or a plot twist.
-Some examples are wrestling matches, burning a finger, getting
run over by a rabid donkey, races, games of tag, hunting
snipes, twisting an ankle while running to make a doctor's
-Make a life-changing plot without Admin approval.
-Be excessively vulgar or sexual in any forums other than the mature forums.
-Take control of other people's characters (aka, God-modding)
-Take control of a plot. Let others react as they choose.
Character Rules and Regulations
-DO NOT COPY CHARACTERS!
-Any and all characters must be approved before play can begin.
-All profiles must follow the submission forms given. Your char will not be approved until then.
-Remember, there are no deformed Candidates. They cannot be blind, missing a limb, mute, paralyzed, etc.
-If a character is a ranker (aka Bronze, Gold, Weyrling Master, ect.) you must play them consistently.
-If you wish to have a ranking character, play often and play well. Literacy counts.
-Make your character interesting. A sweet tooth or quick temper. The more original and different, the better chances of having a fun RP.
-There is a limit on characters depending on post count. This will be elaborated on later.
-There is a limit of three candidates per person.
-Take your character's rank into consideration. A servant will not have a Stallion and a Lord or a King will not have something like a duck. If they train horses then they most likely will own a horse.
-Please no more than two pets per character. You have to RP them. (Pets attained through roleplay are different)
-If you have any questions about what can or cannot be a pet, ask a Mod.
If you have any questions regarding any of these regulations, ask a Mod. These are made to make the RPing easier and more organized and so we do not have an flooding of candidate characters who will accept nothing less than a bronze or a queen of any species. Make your character interesting. Mary Sue's and Billy Bob's get boring very fast.
Post Ranking System
The ranking system here at Maori is relatively simple. Its loosely based off a Weyrs structural system, and should be pretty straight forward once you look at it.
All players start out with the ability to have four Weyr characters and two Hold/Hall characters. After a certain post count is reached those numbers increase.
0 Posts (Image coming soon)
25 Posts (Image coming soon)
50 Posts (Image coming soon)
+-Your Hold/Hall character quota ascends to three-+
100 Posts (Image coming soon)
Candidate - 5 Characters
+-Your Weyr character quota ascends to five-+
250 Posts (Image coming soon)
500 Posts (Image coming soon)
+-Your Weyr quota ascends to six-+
+-your Hold/Hall quota ascends to four-+
650 Posts (Image coming soon)
+-Your Weyr quota ascends to seven-+
+-your Hold/Hall quota ascends to five-+
800 Posts (Image coming soon)
+-Your Weyr quota ascends to eight-+
+-your Hold/Hall quota ascends to six-+
1000 Posts (Image coming soon)
+-Your Weyr quota ascends to nine-+
+-your Hold/Hall quota ascends to seven
Moderator (Image coming soon)
Administrator (Image coming soon)
If your posts get higher than that and you honestly want more characters and are active with all your characters... PM me.
1. Everyone must have links to their character profiles in their signatures. This makes things easier on everyone when we can get to a profile easily while RPing. No one wants to get a description or trait wrong when playing with a char. This is required. For help on links, see the BB Coding Help topic.
2. The sigs cannot stretch the boards.
3. A sig pic cannot be overly tall. 300 pixels is the recommended limit, but it can be taller, so use your judgment. If it is overly tall, you will hear from us (us being, Eyo and I). But if you don't, you're fine.
When posting stuff not related to characters, please use your judgment again. DeviantArt profile links are fine, as they are your art. But I do not want to see links to other sites that could be harmful to our Weyr and the members. This includes but is DEFINITELY NOT limited to:
Porn (just...no. You will be banned.)
Political Affiliations (we don't want that sort of conflict among members)
YouTube Videos (some are downright nasty)
Religious Adds (again, don't want conflict)
Basically, if a site can be deprecating to one's mental health, don't use it in a sig. Things like "Dragon Cave" and "Hatch my Pokemon" are fine, though. Things like "Looking for a good time?" are not. Just don't. You'll be warned, and if it's not off within a reasonable amount of time, you WILL be banned. End of story.
This section is more of an informative area than a place for rules.
Every 1 month in real time is equal to 3 months Maori Time. Therefore the season shall be changed every real time month. Meaning that a Pern Year will pass in four real time months.
If you have any questions about these, PM Eyo or I with them and we will answer them as best we can. If you have complaints about us being overly strict, don't bother PMing us. These are perfectly reasonable regulations. Deal with them.