Create your own social network with a free forum.
|Welcome to Kakariko Graveyard. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
With Great Power There Must Also Come Great Responsibility
Member No.: 3
Joined: Apr 14 2004
Tomorrow, at approximately 11 AM EST there will be some sort of major announcement regarding Super Smash Bros. brawl.
Here is a list of other random tidbits:
|* Players will be able to choose from multiple control options. Main focus is on GC controller, and Nintendo is currently considering redistribution of them.|
* No motion-sensitive controls in main game.
* Game will feature no more than 50 characters.
* “Since there’s a huge fan-demand for online play, the game will almost definitely feature it. That’s the plan. We pay a lot more attention to the fans than you would think, and we think it would be pretty dumb to ignore it. What’s funny is if we had never addressed the rumor, people wouldn’t be so expectant of it as they are.”
* They wouldn’t tell me any new specific characters.
* “Fans will be extremely pleased with the quality and number of characters we’ve brought around, as we made this very much a fan-desire project. There won’t be anymore ‘clones’ either. There are definitely characters that will be huge surprises too, one of which happens to be my absolute favorite.”
* Not all characters will return. The original smash bros. will.
* Alternate Costumes/Color Schemes will be included.
* No comment on third parties.
* The game has been made “more balanced”.
* No comment on N64 like intros.
* No comment on “advanced techniques”.
* There will be new items, and some have been taken out. (Bob-ombs confirmed, don’t worry.)
* Super Smash Attacks are not immediately activated, can be reserved.
* Adventure mode will be much larger, classic mode will be featured.
* Will include more game modes, some from N64 will return. (Due to popular demand, apparently.)
* Events will be included.
* This game is scheduled to release this year.
* No comment on shoot the credits.
Member No.: 35
Joined: Apr 28 2004
Frau's right- they showed four versions of that stage from the trailer where Link, Mario, Pikachu, and Kirby meet up: day, dusk, evening, dawn. The site calls it "battlefield".
Also up- they have a list of composers that're working on the musical compositions for the game. They got a LOT of musicians from various games, including the guy that's doing MGS4's music to the person that did Kingdom Heart's music. Sakurai left up a trial version of the menu theme, which is composed by Motoi Sakuraba, of Golden Sun music fame.
|We've asked our group of arrangement supervisors to listen to an elite selection of Nintendo music and asked them to arrange several of their favorite songs...which means there will be quite a number of songs.|
You'll have to look forward to which ones.
With that info, and the fact that there'll be 50 or less characters, it's a possibility that they got more third party support than we expected. Of course, the musical directors for games like Ape Escape, NiGHTS, and Kingdom Hearts could merely be just helping compose some excellent music like Sakuraba did [go to the website and listen to it- it is an excellent revival to the menu music from Melee].
That's what Sakurai said anyway, that they're asked to make -Nintendo- songs, but hey: it doesn't hurt to dream, does it?
Things to watch for- well, they kept the Characters, Game Modes, Items, and Notices sections of the website totally closed off- they're there, but you can't access them.
Personally the music section was enough for me- without a doubt this game will feature awesome musical compositions, ranging in styles.
oh yeah, they seemingly changed the percentage interface- with your percentage meter comes of course your character's logo, but their picture will also be next to the number.
This post has been edited by SW' BB on May 22 2007, 07:22 AM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
Skin created by Kman
. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone
-Edited By Precious And Torn&Filthy-