The following powers are off limits because we already have characters using them, or they simply don't fit in with the setting. Please check back regularly, as this post will change.
- Psychic Vampirism/Psiblasts
- 2-D Form
- Sonic Control
- Fire generation
- Kinetic redirection field
- Darkness/shadow control/creation of any sort
- Insect/arachnid control
- Mirror-based scrying/teleportation/object manipulation
- Cryo/Thermo Energy Control
- Fabric Manipulation/Control
- Hydrokinesis/Water Form
- Object Shrinking
- Toxic Bodily Fluids
- Friction control
- Crystalline generation/control
- Imbued with Liberty Spirit abilities
- Mystical guardian spirit
- Velocity control/'homing'
- Unearthly, paralytic beauty
- Dimensional pockets
- Smoke Form/Generation
- Vocal Hypnosis
Never Available (so don't bother asking!)
- Muscle Memory/Skill Duplication
- Time/Temporal Control
The following character traits are no longer or will not be accepted
- Overly Optimistic Happy-Go-Lucky Girls
- Rich kids with abusive histories
- Characters born into or captured by secretive organizations exploiting metas; seems very specific, but there's a few already!
These powers are ones that may be allowed, but will definitely need discussion with Binx or John.
- Magic (Very limited in terms of spellcasting stuff, but a possible background option)
- Shapeshifting (it's a bit of a catch-all term, ask for details)
While we want every character to be unique and creative, we know that it can be hard to find a place to start. Here is a list of a few power options that can be used if you're truly stumped.
Two things that Mari and I've been discussing lately. The first one is, in terms of the off-limits powers, that even though we've got a pretty concrete list, it's not a guarantee that those powers'll never be available for another character again. What would have to happen, though, is that the character's concept would have to be radically different in terms of power execution and just overall image/feel to it before we'd consider letting someone else apply for one of those powers. Then we'll ask the player who happens to have those similar powers and ask if they're okay with the concept, because ultimately, we want you all to feel you have unique characters, which is why you'll never, EVER see five PC teleporters or fire manipulators.
The second part about applications: give us feedback on the new characters that you see applied for. Tell us if there's anything that you notice that you might think would detract from the game for you for some reason, or maybe overlap a little too much on your character. Ultimately, Mari and I have final arbitration on what we accept and what we don't, but all the same, we really want you guys and gals to be a part of the process and to possibly help us find things that we may have missed or overlooked.