Title: 98 Furby Won't Do Anything
Optik - January 22, 2011 08:01 PM (GMT)
My girlfriend and I got a 1998 Furby, gray with little pink ears. We put a new set of batteries in him and he won't do anything :( I wanted her to have a new one since she had never had one before, and it won't work :( Ironically, the one from a thrift store for $1.80 that she got to talk to that one works fine. If anyone could give me any ideas on how to fix the gray one, it would be much appreciated!
Sonic8100 - January 22, 2011 08:39 PM (GMT)
this furby probably has a jammed motor or has gone into a coma. And yes, furbies go into a coma depending on if they have had a very bad impact or the furby was sick when it was working and it didnt recover yet so it went into a coma. Also furbies can get colds,flu's and the sniffles from a human so the little furby probably has a really bad case of the h1n1 or the flu and the furby went into a coma until it is better. :tux:
zambonizach - January 22, 2011 08:43 PM (GMT)
Im so sorry, but its you will have to do an OPERATION! Or keep it the way it is. But i suggest an operation. Heres how me and my dad do it.
1. Take the fur off the furby, not completly, cause if completly then it will be loose when putting back on when done operation.
2. Open up the inside.
3. See if theres snapped wires, broken microchips, motor rusted, or move the stomache a bit down/up, or see if theres anything wrong with the back, like the back piece, where you make the furby purr, is moved too high or low.
4. If none of the above wortks, open the butt of the furby, like unscrew the screws, etc, and see if theres a snapped wire, broken microchip, or none at all. If theres none at all then the furby will need a donar.
5. Put the furby back together, put the batteries back in, if it does not work, tap around the body with the handle of a knife, spoon, or fork, which this will probably fix it if none of the above work.
6. If the above fails, pump the ears up and down which should start the motor.
7. If all fails, do a restart by tipping the furby upsidedown then putting your finger in its mouth, make sure the eyes are open and the ears are not facing up but are at the bottom sequence, keep it upside down, have the batteries in, and click the reset button, which will restart the system, this will not delete anything on the chips, but will erase all english the furby has learned and probably will fix the motor.
Good luck! :kid:
KasaraWolf - January 22, 2011 09:19 PM (GMT)
Try pumping the ears up and down (batteries in of coarse!) Or smacking the bottom or around the area where the motor is located! If that doesn't work you probably have to open him/her up! :)
Optik - January 25, 2011 09:12 PM (GMT)
Some combination of the above totally fixed it without taking it apart! Thanks so much!
furbyfan - January 25, 2011 10:53 PM (GMT)
|QUOTE (Sonic8100 @ Jan 22 2011, 03:39 PM)|
| Also furbies can get colds,flu's and the sniffles from a human so the little furby probably has a really bad case of the h1n1 or the flu and the furby went into a coma until it is better. :tux: |
Elis - January 26, 2011 05:54 AM (GMT)
Elis - January 26, 2011 05:56 AM (GMT)
|QUOTE (Sonic8100 @ Jan 22 2011, 09:39 PM)|
|Also furbies can get colds,flu's and the sniffles from a human so the little furby probably has a really bad case of the h1n1 or the flu and the furby went into a coma until it is better. :tux: |
Thatīs the most hilarious thing I ever heard :D
Zendar - February 9, 2011 05:30 AM (GMT)
If you decide to go ahead with the surgery, this is what I suggest using:http://www.instructables.com/id/Push-Start-a-Comatose-Furby/
DragonStar2003 - February 10, 2011 04:58 PM (GMT)
Thank you for the posting the link for everyone! I got my broken Furby that I took apart & had given up on working again! It turns out that the little black gear was jammed. It's so small & blends in so well that I hadn't noticed it was even there. I didn't think there was any hope for him, & now he's as good as new!
wayloh65 - February 11, 2011 12:36 AM (GMT)
I got a MIB Graduation Furby He didn't do anything not working at all I left his batteries in for 24 hours and he staarted to work. It was funny my furby was upstairs in the same room as my sister I was downstairs and I heard from my sister: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HELP! THE FURBYS ALIVE!" and i ran up ans saw him working. he has 2 problems though. 1: Tilt sensor not working. 2" SUPER SENSITIVE sound sensor. Put him down he'll say Ah! Loud Sound! It's funny